Monday, April 6, 2009

scintigraphy results

unfortunately the scan showed multiple shunts on the outside of her liver, and it has been determined that this would be in-operable...
there is a laundry list of reasons as to why this news was not the news we wanted to hear, but unfortunately these are the cards we have been dealt.
it's very disheartening to know of what will (most likely) result from this, not to mention all our attempts at fixing her AIHA have really been and will continue to be unsuccessful due to the fact that her liver has been rendered an un-used organ.
that is the toughest pill to swallow for sure.
we will keep doing the best that we can do.

3 comments:

G said...

I'm very sorry to read the news about your dog. I am doing battle against IMHA for our dog Louie and was looking up info when I came upon your blog. Thank you for sharing and for the info which I plan to go over a bit more closely when time permits. I understand the heartbreak that you are facing - hang in there.

clamdigger said...

Has your Sway gotten any better? I wonder if you could direct me to Dr. Dodds. I like you have tried everything for my Nell, with no real results. We just had her spleen out last week, her PCV went up 33, and she was sent home OK. After today's check up she dropped down to 24! I am tapped out with money I've spent $34,000.00 yes, thousand so far and Nell isn't responding. We are devastated and worried. Do you think you Dr. Dodds can or will help us?
Thank-you.

Josh said...

i am sorry to hear about Louie and Nell, please leave your email address in the comment section and i can send you dr. dodds contact.
i don't want to put it here because i don't want to risk the chance of spam robots picking it up.