Thursday, August 13, 2009

triathlon

as a way of honoring sway's life i'm going to be competing in the long beach triathlon in september.
my hope is that it will also provide me with a therapeutic outlet while trying to cope with the hard reality of losing her.

finishing a triathlon is something i've always wanted to do and i suppose there is no time like the present... it is challenging atleast; sway was never really one for swimming but she could run like the wind and loved to lead me when i would go biking... I fully expect her to be co-piloting with me on september 20th.

any funds i raise will end up being split between the 4 organizations listed below...

hemopet animal blood bank
meisha's hope AIHA/IMHA fund #338
pit bull rescue of san diego
bad rap (bay area doglovers responsible about pit bulls)

help from anyone is appreciated...

3 comments:

adam and melissa said...

Josh, I'm so excited for the triathalon, and I'm thrilled for the charities you pick. I'm very involved in pit bull rescue here in Utah, and I am always so impressed by the work of Bad Rap. And of course, Meisha's Hope, Hemopet, and the pitty rescue you have chosen- it's a wonderful way to honor Sway. She'll be runnin', bikin', and swimmin' right beside you every step of the way!

Our Pack said...

This is a great way to help rescues!

Unknown said...

Amazing. I love this. You are truly a remarkable person. Glad to have discovered you and Sways story.

I wish you all the best